We cannot host a tournament of this size without the committment from our parent volunteers. Thank you for investing your time into our club and community. With your help, everybody in attendance, including our out-of-town guests, will have an enjoyable tournament experience.
Volunteer Role Descriptions
Your job is to monitor field activity on an assigned field. In addition, you collect official score cards from the referees after every game and drop them off at the scorers table at tournament headquarters.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to your assigned field!
- Be aware of what field you are supposed to be at if not at Horace Mann!
- Games are also held at Kiwanis Park, Field of Dreams and Lutheran High.
- Locate other Field Marshal (in bright vest) – they will have schedule, radio and you can acquire their vest.
- You will be responsible for 2 consecutive games per field: If you are assigned two adjacent fields, plan accordingly; you are responsible for (4) total games: Patrol field(s) for injuries and proper spectator behavior.
- Athletic Trainers are available at Horace Mann only if an injury occurs! Report any inappropriate behavior by coaches and spectators!
- Immediately at game end, secure completed game/score card from the REFEREE. Be prompt due to referee having another game in approximately 5 minutes.
- Place game/score card in envelope. A person will collect game/score card from your location. If not collected prior to your departure bring to main concession building at Horace Mann.
- You may not leave field until you are relieved by another field marshal.
- If replacement “no show” immediately contact Tournament Director via cell phone (920) 917-0080.
- For significant INJURIES, immediately contact the Registration tent via cell phone or radio (920) 917-0080.
- Fields should be free of trash after your shift. Bring lost items to the pavilion at Horace Mann.